Monday, November 15, 2010
Love Gives Us a Fairytale
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale." I love that quote. Maybe because of what it represents to me...Hope for a fairytale of sorts, hope that true love exists, hope that there is someone who will love me for who I am and who I want to be, and who will want to share with me this fairytale we call life. And I thought love had given me that but then I was reminded this isn't a fairytale and I'm no princess, and love....well, I'm not sure where love fits into my life, romantic love anyway. Men don't fall in love with me. Men fall in lust with me. But this one man...he earned my respect and my trust and my love, and he lingers in my heart and in my soul despite the fact that he chose to walk away. Now how to convince my mind, my heart and my soul to walk away as well is the difficult part. It's not as easy as some would have me believe. They say if he's dumb enough to walk away, be smart enough to let him. Makes sense but makes it no less difficult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment